This Simple Salad Dressing is so easy to make! I make it every few weeks and store it in an air-tight, glass container so that it’s ready to go. Enjoy this dressing for a few weeks when stored in the refrigerator in an air-tight glass container. Bring the dressing to room temperature and shake well before use. When you make your dressings, you know what you are eating. Often, store-bought dressings are filled with undesirable ingredients.
How to make Simple Salad Dressing
This dressing is fast, easy, and simple to make. You don’t have to use it only on a salad! You can mix it up and use it to marinate fish, chicken even beets and onions. It’s versatile and it will make even the most ordinary dish taste better.
Step One: Gather your ingredients
You’ll need olive oil, vinegar, lemons, honey, mustard, garlic, sea salt, red pepper flakes
Step Two: Mix the ingredients together
Combine all ingredients in a glass bowl and whisk until slightly emulsified. Store in a glass bottle in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature and shake before serving as the ingredients separate after they’ve been sitting a while.
You may find this hard to believe, but gluten can be found in many of the store-bought salad dressings that line the grocery store shelves. This alternative is made by your loving hands for your family. Knowing the ingredients that go into your food makes it taste better!
Adapting Simple Salad Dressing:
You know, a recipe is not truly perfect until you’ve added your own touch to it. That’s why we encourage you to play with your food. Let your inner chef come out and play and change up this recipe. You really can’t mess this up. Have fun! Here are some ideas:
- Use this dressing as a marinade on chicken, fish, veggies for roasting or raw salads.
- Enjoy cabbage salad made with chopped cabbage and cherry tomatoes, and this dressing
- Drop a few roasted garlic cloves in to give it some extra flavor.
- Mix up the kind of oils and vinegar you use for this dressing. Pick your favorites.
Try these pickled onions on your salad also, they will add even more flavor!
Easy Pickled Onions
If you decide to try making this recipe, share a snapshot with us using #waxingkararecipes on Instagram. We love seeing your photos!
Simple Salad Dressing
- 1 c olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 c red wine vinegar
- 1/4 c lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 2 tbsp. Waxing Kara Honey
- 1 tsp. mustard ground
- 1 tsp. garlic fresh minced
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes crushed
- Combine all ingredients in glass bowl and whisk until slightly emulsified.
- Store in a glass bottle in the refrigerator.
- Bring to room temperature and shake before serving as ingredients separate.