Cherry Cobbler Recipe
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time45 mins
- 2/3 c gluten-free flour Bob's Red Mill
- 1/2 c gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats not instant
- 1/2 c plant-based milk any nut milk will work
- 1/4 c Waxing Kara Honey plus 3 tbsp. for filling
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon divided
- 1/2 c coconut oil divided
- 1 tbsp. orange zest optional
- 1 tbsp. almonds or walnuts chopped, optional
- 4 c sweet cherries pitted
- 3 tbsp. Waxing Kara Honey
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. arrowroot
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon optional
Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat 8-inch-square baking dish (or similar 1 1/2- to 2-quart dish) OR 6 individual ramekins with cooking spray and place on cookie sheet.
Prepare topping. Mix flour, oats, honey, 1/8 tsp cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl with a fork. Add oil (less 1 tbsp.) and mix. Add plant-based milk and blend with a fork. Add orange zest and blend with your fingertips until the dry ingredients are moistened. You may need to add a little more milk. Add nuts to batter if desired. The consistency should be similar to biscuits.
To prepare filling, combine filling ingredients in a large bowl; toss to coat evenly. Place the filling in the prepared baking dish(es).
Dollop the topping over the filling. It should almost look like you're dropping biscuits on top of the fruit. Bake, uncovered, on top of a lined baking sheet, until the fruit is bubbly and tender and the topping is lightly browned, about 45 minutes.
Let cool for at least 15 minutes before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature accompanied by plant-milk ice cream.
Calories: 300kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Sodium: 82mg | Potassium: 252mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 50IU | Vitamin C: 8.1mg | Calcium: 76mg | Iron: 1mg