White Chicken Chili
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 15 mins
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 4 c organic chicken broth
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. dried cilantro
- 1 medium poblano pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 14 oz cans great northern beans drained, divided
- 1 tbsp. Waxing Kara Honey
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 c shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Avocado slices
- Fresh cilantro leaves chopped
- Lime wedges
- Sour cream
- Sliced jalapeno pepper
In a Dutch oven over medium heat, saute onion in oil until lightly browned. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
Add chicken cubes and brown.
Stir in the broth, chilies, cumin, dried cilantro, cayenne and kosher salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to low.
With a fork, mash one can of white northern beans until smooth. Add to dutch oven to thicken the sauce.
Stir in remaining beans and lime juice.
Simmer for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and onion is tender.
Calories: 233kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 770mg | Potassium: 638mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 565IU | Vitamin C: 48.8mg | Calcium: 205mg | Iron: 2.8mg