How to Make Power Porridge Recipe
This is the time of the year when we crave warm comfort foods, and this porridge is just that. Warm oatmeal is simple and quick to make and offers endless preparation options
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time50 mins
Total Time1 hr
Servings: 24 servings
- 3 c almond milk flax, or coconut
- 3 c filtered water
- 1 1/2 c steel cut oats
- 1/2 c quinoa rinsed several times
- 1/2 c Waxing Kara Honey spray measuring cup lightly with olive oil for easy removal
- 1/2 c unsweetened coconut lightly toasted
- 1/2 c toasted walnuts chopped
- 3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. cardamom ground
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- Pinch sea salt
- Waxing Kara Honey
In a large saucepan bring the milk and 3 cups of water to a boil over medium heat.
Add ingredients, stirring occasionally for 30-40 minutes, until creamy.
Cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
Serve with fresh seasonal fruit and Waxing Kara Honey.
Calories: 105kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 43mg | Potassium: 43mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 0.7mg