Mulled Wine Recipe
If we dig back in history, we learn that mulled wine dates back to the second century. The Roman soldiers mixed honey with wine and then slowly heated the mixture.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 4 c organic apple cider
- 1 bottle dry red wine try Malbec or Syrah
- 1/4 c Waxing Kara Honey
- 10 cinnamon sticks
- 1 orange zested and juiced
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 12 oz fresh cranberries bag
- 6 whole cloves
- 4 star anise
- 2 oranges sliced, for garnish
- 2 lemons sliced, for garnish
- 3 Sprigs fresh rosemary for garnish
Mix together cider, wine, honey, cinnamon sticks, zest, juice, cranberries, cloves and star anise in a large saucepan, bring to a boil and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
Pour into mugs, add an orange peel to each and serve with cinnamon stick and rosemary sprig.
Calories: 233kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 11mg | Potassium: 450mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 150IU | Vitamin C: 54.6mg | Calcium: 98mg | Iron: 1.5mg