Are you looking for something interesting to bring to the picnic? This Watermelon Feta Salad is for you. Your friends and family will revel over all the time you slaved over this dish. You’ll know the truth that it took about 15 minutes to prepare! The combination of ingredients may seem a little odd: sliced tomatoes, cubed melon, feta, and a honey-oil dressing, but trust us, this watermelon feta salad is sweet, savory, and delicious. You would not believe how perfectly it serves as a starter for our Honey Glazed Chicken!
How to Make Watermelon Feta Salad
It’s always about the quality of ingredients that you use that make the difference in how delicious your meals are. We encourage you to use all organic and fresh-picked ingredients from the market whenever possible. For this Watermelon Feta Salad recipe you will need:
- olive oil
- lime juice
- Waxing Kara Honey
- Salt and pepper
- Seedless Watermelon
- Cherry tomatoes
- Feta cheese crumbles
- Fresh-picked mint
- Sweet Onion
- Marcona Almonds
- olive oil
Step 1 Mix the sauce
In a large bowl, whisk the oil, lime juice, honey, salt, and pepper. Add the watermelon, tomato, feta, mint, and onion and toss with your hands.
Step 2 Prepare and serve
Chill for several hours before serving, the flavors time to meld together. Garnish with almonds before serving.
On the shore, we have several different kinds of mint growing, from mountain mint to chocolate mint to spearmint. You can use a different type of mint each time you make this salad, but it’s best to keep it simple and pick one variety. Part of the beauty of this salad is how intertwined the delicately sweet and salty flavors become when they have time to meld together in the refrigerator.
Since tomatoes are in season, pick up some from your local farmer’s market. Heirloom varieties are especially colorful with a nice crunch. They give a summer flair to this fresh salad. Using yellow pear or cherry tomatoes brightens the dish and makes it all the more Instagram worthy.
Switch up our Watermelon Feta Salad
A recipe is not truly perfect until you’ve added your own touch to it. That’s why we encourage you to play with your food. Let your inner chef come out and play and change up this recipe. Have fun! Here are some ideas:
- Mix in cucumber or roasted corn
- Add kalamata olives, remove pits and dice
- Use heirloom tomatoes in place of the cherry tomatoes
- Serve on a bed of your favorite super-greens mix
- Experiment with the Honey you use
If you decide to make this Watermelon Feta Salad, why not take a photo and share it with us using #waxingkararecipes on Instagram. We love seeing your photos!
Watermelon Feta Salad
- 1/3 c olive oil extra virgin
- 3 tbsp. lime juice fresh
- 1 tbsp. Waxing Kara Honey
- 2 tsp. salt kosher
- 1/2 tsp. pepper freshly ground
- 10 c watermelon seedless, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 c cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 c feta cheese crumbled
- 1 c mint leaves coarsely chopped
- 1 onion small sweet, diced
- 1 c Marcona Almonds coarsely chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk the oil, lime juice, honey, salt and pepper.
- Add the watermelon, tomato, feta, mint and onion and toss with your hands.
- Chill for several hours before serving. This gives the flavors time to meld together.
- Garnish with almonds before serving.