This Thai Chicken Wings Recipe is made with Waxing Kara honey. That is, they are sweet and spicy and truly delicious. They are PERFECT for football fare or a Sunday afternoon family get-together. In fact, they are also very easy to make. Thai cooking is just the right balance of sweet, spicy and sticky. If you make enough of this Thai marinate, you’ll have a wonderful dipping sauce. Actually, it does keep things simple when you only have to make one sauce!
How to Make Thai Chicken Wings
- Gather all of the ingredients you need to make this recipe
- Rinse chicken wings, dry and place in a shallow baking dish
- Mix all ingredients and pour marinade over chicken wings
- Cover baking dish or pour into Ziploc bag and place in the refrigerator
- Allow chicken to marinate for several hours or overnight
- Pour off 1/2 of marinade then bake at 350ºF for 1 1/2 – 2 hours, basting occasionally
- You want the marinade to form an awesome glaze over the wings
- Serve warm
Adapting this Wings Recipe
A recipe does not reach true perfection until you’ve added your own touch to it. At Waxing Kara Honey House, we encourage you to play with your food. Change up this recipe. For example, here are some ideas to consider when you are cooking:
- Try using darker honey for a stronger flavor (particularly, try Avocado or Buckwheat)
- Serve with a sweet Thai chili dipping sauce and lime wedges
- Serve topped with sliced scallion, chopped cilantro, and chili flakes
We created these wings as an appetizer, however, you can easily make this a meal by adding a nice Noodle Salad for a well-balanced meal!
Asian Noodle Salad with Honey
In addition, if you have time and you want to serve these wings with a perfect salad, try your hand at this papaya salad.
Green Papaya Salad
These healthy baked wings are as good for your guests as they taste!
If you decide to make this Thai chicken wings recipe, and we hope you do, be sure to take a photo and share them with us using #waxingkararecipes on Instagram. We love seeing your photos!
Thai Chicken Wings
- 24 chicken wings remove tips, and cut each wing into two pieces.
- 1/3 c Waxing Kara Honey
- 1/3 c tamari
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil or olive oil
- 1/2 c pineapple juice
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 cloves fresh garlic finely minced or grated
- 2 tbsp. fresh ginger minced or grated
- 1 large lemon juiced
Rinse chicken wings, dry and place in shallow baking dish
Mix all ingredients and pour marinade over chicken wings
Cover baking dish or pour into Ziploc bag and place in refrigerator
Allow chicken to marinate for several hours or over night
Pour off 1/2 of marinade then bake at 350ºF for 1 1/2 – 2 hours, basting occasionally
You want the marinade to form an awesome glaze over the wings
Recipe by Joyce C Wallace, RN, Certified Health Coach. Joyce is a health advocate, avid gardener and passionate cook. She recently published a book, Navigating the Food Jungle filled with delightful recipes that are also good for you.