We think that this peach margarita recipe will brighten any day with each sweet, summery sip. Just close your eyes and pretend you are on a warm beach, sipping margaritas with sand between your toes listening to the soft crashing of waves. Although store-bought peaches might not be as good as fresh ones from your local farmer’s market, they’ll do the trick to bring a little brightness to your day. Combining citrus juices in this cocktail helps to round out the sweetness of the peaches with a little bit of tartness. We used fresh squeezed orange and lime juice to make this drink, and the effort was worthwhile. Feel free to use whatever citrus juices you have on hand!
How to make a peach margarita
This drink is so easy to mix, we didn’t add steps! It depends on the time of year on exactly how you’ll make this drink. If it’s peach season, by all means, please go to your local outdoor farmer’s market and grab a few peaches. Eat one on the way home! If the peach season is all over and you managed to can some, that would be delightful! Otherwise, thaw out some frozen peaches, make some honey syrup, grab a cocktail shaker and fill it with some ice. Add silver tequila, honey syrup, fresh lime juice, orange juice, shake and serve over those thawing peaches! This delicious peach margarita recipe takes minutes.
Adapting our Peach Margarita Recipe
This drink is not perfect until you’ve added your own touch to it. That’s why we encourage you to play with your food. Call to your inner bartender and change up this recipe. Drinks are super easy to add your own flair to it. Use what you find in your refrigerator or pantry. Here are some ideas:
- Use different citrus juices, or even beet juice to change up the recipe
- Try this recipe with fresh or frozen nectarines or other juicy fruits
- Add a sprig of basil or rosemary or thyme for a little herbal kick
- Mix up the type of honey used – Blackberry and Blueberry enhances the fruity flavor while Orange adds a flowery bright depth
If you decide to these peach margaritas, be sure to take a photo and share them with us using #waxingkararecipes on Instagram. We love seeing your photos!
Peach Margarita with Honey
- 1 oz silver tequila organic
- 1 oz honey syrup
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1/2 orange juiced
- 1 peach diced
Honey Simple Syrup
- 1/2 c Waxing Kara Honey
- 1/2 c warm water
- Pour tequila, honey syrup, lime juice, orange juice and chopped peaches (muddle the peaches a bit) add ice into a cocktail beaker.
- Shake well and pour into a tumbler. Rim glass with salt beforehand if desired.
Honey Simple Syrup
- Combine honey and hot water together and stir until the honey is dissolved.
- If you want to make a lot, this simple syrup will keep in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to one month.
Crazy over margaritas?
We happen to have a couple of margarita recipes made with honey. Try this skinny margarita next. We think that you’ll like it also!