Sweeten your day with healthy and nutritious Strawberry Overnight Oats for breakfast or as a wonderful afternoon snack.
Strawberry season is upon us and we’re always searching for new things to make with fresh-picked strawberries on the eastern shore. Strawberries and cream are a traditional English dessert or afternoon tea snack. These overnight oats are an homage to the traditional preparation.
This recipe takes about 10 minutes to prepare and five minutes to clean up. In no time, you are ready with a healthy and delicious, nutritious meal for you and someone you love. Enjoy this recipe year-round, but especially during strawberry season.
We can thank our beloved honeybees for strawberries, for without bees we would not have very many strawberries to enjoy. Celebrate bees and strawberries with these strawberry recipes!
How to Make Strawberry Overnight Oats
- Mix together all ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Spoon into a Weck or Ball jar inserting a layer of sliced strawberries once or twice. Fill to the top.
- Close and refrigerate overnight before eating.
- Serve the next morning with additional mini chocolate chips and chopped cashews, if desired.
Adapting This Recipe
You know, a recipe is not truly perfect until you’ve added your own touch to it. That’s why we encourage you to play with your food. Let your inner chef come out and play and change up this recipe.
- Try this recipe using old fashioned or steel-cut (not quick oats)
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- Try adding hemp seeds or flax seeds instead of chia seeds
If you decide to make Strawberry Overnight Oats, why not take a photo and share it with us on Instagram using #waxingkararecipes on Instagram. We love seeing your photos!
Strawberry Overnight Oats
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup cashew milk
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup strawberries fresh sliced
- 1 tablespoon Waxing Kara Honey
- 2 tbsp cashews chopped
- 2 tbsp chia seeds optional
Mix together all ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
Spoon into a Weck or Ball jar inserting a layer of sliced strawberries once or twice. Fill to top.
Close and refrigerate overnight before eating.
Serve the next morning with additional mini chocolate chips and chopped cashews, if desired.