Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade with honey and ginger is a thirst quenching mocktail for you and your family. When the weather starts to get warm this is a great homemade soda. If you’re having a spring or summer garden party, this is an excellent signature drink to offer guests. Spring Honey is the perfect sweetener for this drink!
Using other berries in this drink would be a great way to change it up. We love blackberries and raspberries, both of which come into season just after strawberries. All three types of berries are easy to grow in your backyard, and you should definitely give it a go this summer! Fresh berries are so much more delicious than ones from the grocery store.
Adapting Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade
You know, a recipe is not truly perfect until you’ve added your own touch to it. That’s why we encourage you to play with your food. Let your inner chef come out and play and change up this recipe. Here are some ideas:
- Try using frozen strawberries, it will keep the drink cool and a little crunchy.
- Add a shot of your favorite artisan gin or vodka to make an adult version of this refreshing drink.
- Mix all but club soda and strawberries and freeze in an ice cube tray, pour club soda over ice cubes using the fresh strawberries as garnish.
If you decide to try this fantastic recipe, be sure to take a photo and share them with us using #waxingkararecipes on Instagram. We love seeing your photos!
Yield 3 cups
Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade
- 3/4 c Waxing Kara Honey
- 1/2 c water
- 1/4 c lemon peel strips about 1-1/2 lemons
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger-root minced
- 3/4 c fresh-squeezed lemon juice about 3 lemons
- 1 c organic strawberries
- 1 c club soda chilled
In small saucepan, heat water and honey until dissolved (stir frequently)
Stir in lemon strips and minced ginger-root
Bring to a boil
Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes
Allow to cool
Transfer to a pitcher
Stir in lemon juice; cover and refrigerate until chilled
Strain, discarding ginger and lemon peel
Stir in club soda
Serve over ice