Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but a lot of us still skip it because of a busy schedule. With our Simple Overnight Oats recipe, this doesn’t have to be the case anymore! You can mix together all of the ingredients for a hearty breakfast the night before to save you time in the morning just grab and go, right from your fridge.
Oatmeal is very filling, and the complex carbohydrates will give you energy throughout the day to help you avoid that mid-morning slump. Oats are also high in vitamins and minerals, including iron and calcium. They are also good for heart health, helping to lower bad cholesterol levels in the blood and digestive tract.
On their own, plain oats are pretty boring. To add interest to this recipe, we sweeten with honey and provide texture with chia seeds. Try your favorite Eastern Shore Honey. We think that Clover works nicely, as the mild flavor and sweetness would compliment the vanilla and yogurt in the recipe very well. Since its national blueberry month, try adding Blueberry honey for a nod to the powerful little blue fruit, rich in antioxidants.
How to Make Simple Overnight Oats
- Mix together all ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Spoon into Weck or Ball jar with a tight-fitting lid. Fill to the top.
- Close and refrigerate overnight before eating.
- Want a warm breakfast? No problem.
- Remove lid and either pop in microwave or heat on the stove.
Expert tips on Adapting this Recipe
You know, a recipe is not truly perfect until you’ve added your own touch to it. That’s why we encourage you to play with your food. Call to your inner chef to come out and play and change up this recipe. Overnight oats are the perfect meal to tailor to your own specific taste. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Mix in a tablespoon of your favorite nut butter
- One tablespoon of chia seeds ads some fiber
- Add a tablespoon of dried berries, cherries or raisins
- Top with roasted seasonal fruit, peaches or roasted strawberries
- Don’t forget about the blueberries!
- We added granola and topped with the berries
If you decide to try these fantastic recipes, be sure to take a photo and share them with us using #waxingkararecipes on Instagram. We love seeing your photos!
Simple Overnight Oats
- 1 c rolled oats
- 1 c almond, cashew, hemp or flax milk
- 1 tbsp. Waxing Kara Honey
- 1 tbsp. hulled hemp seeds
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch salt
Mix together all ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
Spoon into Weck or Ball jar with tight-fitting lid. Fill to top.
Close and refrigerate overnight before eating.
Want a warm breakfast? No problem. Remove lid and either pop in microwave or heat on stove.