Lavender Flower Water
Our newest product is made by hand in small batches on our farm. You’ll love how Flower Water feels on your face and skin! We hand-harvest lavender and distill this delicate elixir with painstaking attention to detail.
Our Flower Water is an herbal distillate, also known as a hydrosol. Hydrosols are a common ingredient in natural skincare products and natural room sprays. It can be used as a skin toner and a base facial spray, body and hair mist, and a few spritzes add a fresh clean scent to rooms and linens.
Besides the aromatic nature, hydrosols are packed with beneficial properties. These are relatively the same properties as essential oils in a less concentrated form. Since hydrosols are naturally the same pH as skin, when applied, it helps to restore the skins natural pH without the use of chemicals. In particular, our Lavender Flower Water is rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatories.
Lavender water can be blended with essential oils for added aromatherapeutic benefits. We recommend combining lavender, rosemary, and tulsi oils for an earthy and herbal bouquet. For a calming room scent, combine this flower water with lavender, chamomile, and rose.
The distillation of plant material produces two by-products: essential oils, which are most common, and hydrosols. Hydrosols are the end result of steam distillation. (Think back to when you learned the water cycle in grade school.) Water is heated to create steam, in a still or double boiler of sorts. The hot steam rises and permeates the plant material. The aromatic water molecules are carried by steam into a condenser, surrounded by cold water. The cold water causes the steam to condense into a liquid resulting in a hydrosol.
This process of distillation has been used for thousands of years for the creation of herbal medicines and tonics (and booze).
Due to the way a hydrosol is created, the scent is pure and does not smell like traditional lavender buds or essential oils. The scent is a sweet, grassy, woody and earthy aroma reminiscent of a beautiful fresh day outdoors.
How to use Lavender Flower Water:
- Spritz on your face after cleansing and before applying moisturizer, follow with Facial Oil
- After a morning shower, spray on clean dry skin, for an overall clean and fresh feeling
- Use after a sweaty gym session, to restore the skin’s natural pH and to provide nutrients to the skin
- If you have itchy skin due to sun or windburn, eczema, dryness, and aging, flower water may help
- Don’t have a baby wipe? Spritz onto a clean tissue as a wet wipe for infant hygiene (useful for diaper rash!)
- Is your hair feeling dry and brittle? Spray onto hair and brush for a moisturizing shine and to decrease frizz
- Spray a few pumps into a room for a fresh and clean scent to evoke an aura of peace and serenity
- Make your bed after laundering sheets and use this flower water to keep bedding fresh and relaxing
- In the summer, try keeping Lavender Flower Water in the refrigerator for a refreshing and cooling effect
- Vegan and cruelty-free
- Preservation is also plant-based (aspen bark)
- Refrigeration will prolong the shelf-life
- Free of phthalates, parabens, sulfates, sodium lauryl/eth sulfates, artificial colors, and fragrances
- Made by hand right here in the USA
- Store in a cool place away from light and heat