This quick chia seed overnight oats recipe is easy to make for breakfast and perfect if you are on-the-go. With everything else, and all the other morning tasks who has time to put make a nutritious breakfast anymore? The answer is, you do.
For just about a 10-minute investment of time, just before bed, you can set yourself up for a great start to tomorrow. Try it.
I can tell you that you will be so thankful that you thought of yourself that next busy morning! Overnight oats make the perfect summer food too. No one wants to deal with a piping-hot breakfast on a hot summer morning.
Let’s be honest, most Instant Oats aren’t that great and often times full of preservatives, sugar, and not-so-natural ingredients. Old Fashioned Oats sometimes can take too long in the morning. Then you forget about them, and they explode over the pot you are cooking in or the microwave.
These quick overnight oats include Waxing Kara Eastern Shore Honey. This recipe can be separated into individual serving and last up to a week in the fridge. This way you’ll have breakfast ready to go for that busy week ahead, no need to plan in advance.
How to Make Chia Overnight Oats
- Gather all of the ingredients you need to make this recipe.
- Stir together and cover.
- Leave in jar overnight, allowing the oats to soak up all the liquid.
- In the morning add sliced banana, peaches or berries in season. Experiment.
This is a great recipe where you can tailor it to however you like. At Waxing Kara we encourage you to play with your food and make it in a way that fits your flavor profile. Bee Inspired and add something fun in your breakfast!
- Add blueberries or any other of your favorite berries
- Mix up the type of Eastern Shore honey you use. Orange blossom is terrific
- Don’t like homemade almond milk? Add your favorite plant-based milk instead!
- Add a handful of your favorite chopped nuts for an extra helping of protein
If you decide to try this recipe, be sure to take a photo and share them with us using #waxingkararecipes on Instagram. We love seeing your photos!
Chia Seed Overnight Oats
- 1/4 c oats Rolled
- 1/4 c yogurt Greek
- 1/2 c almond milk Unsweetened
- dash Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. Waxing Kara Honey
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tsp. hemp hearts
Stir together and cover.
Leave in jar overnight, allowing the oats to soak up all the liquid.
In the morning add sliced banana, peaches or berries in season. Experiment.