My husband’s bran muffin craving was the spark that ignited my journey to create perfect homemade oat bran muffins! We searched high and low, but all we found were dry crumbs. With determination fueling me on, I marched into the store, ingredients in hand, ready for culinary battle. Batch after batch emerged from my kitchen as I perfected this delectable recipe – including a delicious carrot bran muffin version too! After much work (and taste-testing), these moist and scrumptious masterpieces are now an instant hit with family members near and far.
Health benefits of Bran
Bran is an amazingly versatile food, and it may surprise you to discover all the health benefits that come with it—not only does bran provide a good helping of protein every day, but your body will also receive plenty of iron, magnesium, and other essential minerals. What’s more? Bran has zero cholesterol, making it perfect for anyone who wants to steer clear of bad fats! Bran is also rich in Fiber.
Expert tips for this Oat Bran Muffin Recipe
Our Recipes serve as inspiration. That’s the way we see it. Make this recipe for Oat Bran Muffins precisely the way you want to. Get creative. Experiment. Try something different. Here are some ideas in case you need a little boost with adapting this recipe:
- Add some blueberries or a combination of your favorite berries to the mix to add color and flavor
- Make banana bran muffins by adding 1/4 cup of mashed banana
- Add 1/4 cup of chopped dried apricot
- Get creative with the shape of your muffins by shaping them into mounds rather than traditional muffins. They’ll be more like breakfast cookies with dried fruit.
- For a crunchy experience, add two tablespoons of finely chopped almonds to the batter. Oat Bran almond muffins is a great flavor and texture combination.
- Can you imagine a teaspoon of dried lavender added to the batter? That would be so good.
- Add a tablespoon of lemon zest to the batter to make oat bran lemon muffins.
- It’s easy to make oat bran and white chocolate muffins by adding 1/4 cup of white chocolate chips to the recipe before pouring the batter into the cups.
- Sprinkle some ginger into the mix.
How to Make Oat Bran Muffins
It’s easy to make these gluten-free oat bran muffins. First, let’s discuss the oat bran muffin ingredients:
- Oat bran
- Oat flour
- Spelt flour
- Flax meal
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Ground cinnamon
- Coconut oil
- Pureed prunes
- Waxing Kara Honey
- Chopped toasted almonds
These ingredients come together quickly and easily! Now, first things first. You may notice something missing — gluten! That means these are healthy oat bran muffins, perfect for people with special dietary needs too!
Once you’ve gathered the ingredients, it’s time to make these oat bran muffins. It begins with preheating your oven to 350°F. Line a muffin pan with paper.
Step One: Combine all dry ingredients
Sift together bran, spelt, and oat flour, flaxseed, baking soda, and powder cinnamon and nutmeg.
Step Two: Whisk the wet ingredients together
In a large bowl, whisk together egg and oil until smooth. Stir in prunes and honey, combine dry and wet mixtures and fold in almonds. Once the batter is mixed, distribute the muffin batter evenly into prepared muffin tins.
Step Three: Bake the Muffins
Place the muffin pan in the oven and bake for 22-25 minutes until the tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool on a wire rack.
Storing this healthy oat bran muffin recipe is easy
This oat bran muffin will be stored in the fridge for up to 7 days. Keep them sealed in an airtight container. These are the best oat bran muffins because you can also freeze them! Place them in a freezer-safe container or freezer bags and place them in the freezer. They will keep up to 2 months in the freezer.
Now that you know all about the benefits of baking with bran and alternative flours put them to good use by whipping up a batch of these oat bran muffins. They’re easy to make and full of healthy ingredients that will do wonders for your gut health. not to mention, they’re delicious too! So what are you waiting for? Get baking!
Oat Bran Muffins
- 1/2 c oat bran gluten-free
- 1/2 c oat flour gluten-free
- 1/2 c spelt flour
- 1/4 c flax meal ground
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 eggs beaten
- 5 tbsp. coconut oil gently heat to convert to oil
- 1/2 c pureed prunes you can buy this in the baby food isle if you don’t want to make it
- 1/4 c Waxing Kara Honey
- 1/4 c chopped toasted almonds
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large bowl, whisk together bran, flour flaxseed, baking soda, and powder cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg and oil until smooth. Stir in prunes and honey, combine dry and wet mixtures and fold in almonds.
- Spoon batter into paper-lined muffin cups, Bake for 22-25 minutes until tops spring back when lightly touched.
- Cool on a wire rack.
1 thought on “Oat Bran Muffins”
I was on a mission to make oat bran muffins because, in New York City, I could not find one to buy! These are good. I make them in the small muffin tin and freeze them.
Comments are closed.