I first had a version of this kale salad at the Ranch at Live Oak. Chef Kurt Steeber made amazing vegan food. This salad is a delicious meal that only takes a short time to pull together and you can make it the night before and it will stay crisp and fresh for more than 24 hours.
Try making these easy pickled onions to go with this kale salad with chickpeas.
If you decide to try this amazing recipe, be sure to take a photo and share them with us using #waxingkararecipes on Instagram. We love seeing your photos!
FOR THE KALE SALAD
- 1 bunch Kale your favorite kind
- cherry tomatoes one pint, heirloom
- 8oz can organic chickpeas rinsed well
- red pepper raw
- Carrot slices raw
- Pickled Onions with honey see recipe in this blog
- 6 green olives pitted chopped in large pieces
- 1 tbsp. Waxing Kara Honey
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. vinegar your favorite kind
- 1 lemon juiced
- salt and pepper red pepper flakes, minced garlic to taste
Add the rest of the ingredients
Pour the dressing on top up to 2 hours before your meal
You can also add some of the pickling juice to the salad
Season and mix well before serving