This Iced Latte is delicious. I swapped out dairy milk and you wouldn’t know. The transition away from dairy milk with plant-based milk has not been a difficult transition over here. I never liked dairy milk, really.
If you like to make your own alternative plant-based milk, we offer an in-depth tutorial for homemade almond milk that’s easy and fun to make, especially with the kids. If you decide to make it for yourself, please share a snapshot with us on Instagram.
Have you ever thought to make iced coffee with plant-milk? It’s easy, and it hits the spot.
It never dawned on me that you might not know about this deep summer iced latte treat. I shared it with a friend who was visiting with us and she was entertained by my little show and really enjoyed the taste!
For me, August is the time of the year that I want to drink only cold drinks, and mostly cold meals, unless we’re outside on the grill.
This delicious drink will make you wish you thought of it sooner. No dairy. No-fuss. In two minutes flat you get a terrific morning or afternoon pick-me-up with very little guilt.
How to make Iced Latte
- Make espresso shot and melt honey into the hot coffee.
- Fill tall glass to the top with ice.
- Pour sweetened coffee over ice.
- Add plant milk to taste.
- Top off with more ice.
This Iced Latte recipe deserves your thumbprint.
- Try it with your favorite plant-milk, some friends swear by coconut cream
- Forager makes half-coconut milk and half-cashew milk that completes this recipe.
- Use matcha tea in place of coffee for a matcha latte
- Add cocoa to the plant milk over medium heat to make this a mocha Iced Latte!
If you decide to try this fantastic recipe, be sure to take a photo and share them with us using #waxingkararecipes on Instagram. We love seeing your photos!
- 2 ounces
strong espressodouble shot Nespresso Risretto
- 1 tsp. Waxing Kara Honey
- 1/2 c Cashew Milk or your favorite plant-milk
Make espresso shot and melt honey into the hot coffee.
Fill tall glass to the top with ice.
Pour sweetened coffee over ice.
Add plant milk to taste.
Top off with more ice.
Want ideas on what to serve alongside this plant-based iced latte? Try this awesome coconut macaroon recipe. It’s like eating little white coconut pillows.