This DIY spirulina face mask moisturizes, tightens and lifts skin while it promotes anti-aging and healthy skin. This mask also helps to clean up break-outs.
Spirulina is a blue-green alga that has been around since the beginning of time. Spirulina contains protein and almost all known antioxidants including; Vitamins C, B1, B5 and B6, zinc, manganese, copper, beta-carotene, vitamin E and amino acid methionine.
Antioxidants fend off free-radicals, eliminate toxins and increase the skin’s metabolism. Spirulina fights the appearance of aging due to its high protein source as it provides the skin oxygen.
What that means in skincare is that with this DIY Spirulina Face Mask, you literally feed your skin.
We’ve nicknamed this mask superfood for a super face. This recipe is easy to whip up, try it twice a week for a month. Take a before and after shot and share it with us. This is my very favorite DIY mask. You will see a change in your skin, and that is when it makes the effort worth it.
Raw Honey and Spirulina
Full of micronutrients, raw honey is mother nature’s humectant. Honey moisturizes the skin and contains a high level of gluconic acid which brightens and evens-out skin tone. Honey helps with acne, also. Use crystallized honey for the added benefit of light exfoliation. Exfoliation aids in turning cells and lead to a fresh new layer of skin.
Evening primrose oil
It contains gamma-linolenic (GLA), a rare acid found in breast milk. GLA protects the integrity of the skin and strengthens while it provides moisture. Evening primrose oil nourishes the skin.
Frankincense and Geranium essential oils
Both Frankincense and Geranium essential oils are known to be good for your skin. This blend also helps to overshadow the aroma of the Spirulina. If you prefer lavender essential oil or any others rated safe to be used on the skin, use those.
Here are some ideas on how you can treat yourself to a full at-home experience while you allow this mask to set:
- Take a milk and honey oatmeal bath
- Soak in some Bath Salts
- Treat your eyes to a cooling and de-puffing honey cucumber eye treatment
- Apply a full DIY Honey Body Scrub
If you try out our DIY Spirulina Face Mask, take a selfie and share it with us using #waxingkararecipes on Instagram. We love seeing your photos!
DIY Spirulina Face Mask
- 1 tbsp. Waxing Kara Honey or our Original Body Scrub
- 1 tbsp. organic spirulina
- 1 capsule evening primrose oil
- 6 drops frankincense essential oil
- 4 drops geranium essential oil
- Combine Honey and Spirulina.
- Pierce the vitamin and add contents to honey and spirulina mixture.
- Add essential oils, mix until it is the consistency of peanut butter.
- Spread all over your face either using your fingers or a foundation brush.
- Leave on for 20 minutes.
- Wash with warm water and feel the difference in your skin.