To us, nothing says fall quite like a pumpkin roll. They’re comforting and indulgent and definitely a special treat…although we always go back for a second (and third) slice. Something about a pumpkin roll is just so warm and cozy-maybe it’s how dense the cake is, or maybe it’s the warm spiced goodness of the pumpkin. But who really cares about the specifics…our Honey Pumpkin Roll will instantly have you hooked! Make this tonight for your Halloween celebrations-your guests will gobble it up.
Getting a pumpkin roll, or any rolled cake, right can be a little tricky. Making sure that the cake doesn’t over or under bake or stick to the paper are the biggest issues. If the cake isn’t done all the way or is over done, it won’t roll nicely. A little spritz of cooking spray will help keep the cake from sticking to the parchment paper, but you’ll get a feel for what you need after you bake one of these up.
A Perfect Honey Pumpkin Roll
We always encourage you to play with our recipes and make them your own. Add in a few ingredients for an even better autumn treat:
Toss walnuts or almonds over the batter before baking
- Add vanilla chips to the cake
- Mix in a swirl of honey to the cream cheese filling
- Use a Cashew Cream icing instead of cream cheese for a dairy-free option
If you bake up this Honey Pumpkin Roll, post a picture and use the hashtag #waxingkararecipes on Instagram. We love seeing your photos!
Honey Pumpkin Roll
For the Cake
- 1 c flour
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ ground clove
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- ⅔ c Waxing Kara Honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ⅔ c pumpkin puree
- 5 tbsp butter softened
For the Filling
- 1 cup powdered sugar plus extra as needed
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ⅛ tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 10x15 jelly roll pan with enough parchment paper to slightly hang over the short ends of the pan. Lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, clove and salt for the cake in a large bowl.
- Mix together the eggs, honey, and vanilla pumpkin puree.
- Gently fold the wet mixture into the dry mixture until combined.
- Pour the batter evenly onto the jelly roll pan. Bake for 10-15 minutes, checking frequently to make sure it does not brown/burn.
- As soon as the cake is done, remove from the oven. Gently pull the parchment paper to remove the cake from the pan. Do not remove the paper from the cake.
- Starting at a short end, roll the cake (paper side down, on your counter) all the way to the other end. Place on cooling rack allow to cool.
- While cake cools, mix all ingredients for the cream cheese filling in a medium sized bowl.
- Once the cake has cooled, unroll and evenly spread with the cream cheese filling. Roll up, folding back and removing the paper as you go.
- Wrap the cake in wax paper or cellophane and refrigerate for at least an hour. Once set, remove the wax paper and lightly sprinkle with powdered sugar before slicing and serving.