This Honey Pecan Pie recipe was lovingly made by my good friend Joyce. Joyce’s Honey Pecan Pie recipe is something I’m always intrigued by. It has never been my favorite dessert, yet every time it’s served at a dinner or gathering – I can’t help taking one slice! After some digging around on Google, the history of this delectable treat was revealed to me. As it turns out, pecans were an integral part of Native Americans’ diets before European settlers migrated over and changed things forever – with their delicious pie recipes included as well!
Pecan Pie is a classic southern delicacy with roots in French culture.
The story begins centuries ago when the Native American tribes first introduced this sweet nut to their European settlers and thus began an amazing culinary journey! There’s some debate as to whether Pecan pie is simply a variation of Chess-Pie made from similar ingredients or something unique – no matter what side you’re on, we can all agree that it’s delicious! To make one yourself at home, grab your ready-made crust (or try making your own if you have a favorite recipe!) along with these simple ingredients and let baking magic unfold.
Making a pecan pie is no small feat
it takes dedication and patience, but the result is always worth it. The process begins with gathering all the necessary ingredients, such as baking powder, butter, sugar, honey, eggs, corn syrup, and plenty of pecans! After assembling these ingredients, you can start making the crust. This requires combining flour, salt, and cubed butter in a bowl before adding cold water. Once everything is mixed nicely and has formed into a dough ball – it’s ready to be placed on an ungreased 9-inch pie plate.
With that process done, the filling can begin to come together. This requires mixing melted butter with sugar and corn syrup in a large bowl before gently stirring the eggs. Adding honey for sweetness provides an exciting flavor that helps balance out the richness of the pecans added next. Once everything is combined well – pour this mixture into your prepared crust and then sprinkle your chopped pecans on top evenly. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for around 45 minutes or until golden brown, and let cool before serving.
The ingredients you’ll need to make this pie are as follows:
- A 9-inch, unbaked pastry shell
- Waxing Kara Honey
- light brown sugar packed
- vanilla extract
- pecan pieces or halves
These ingredients come together quickly after a few simple steps, and you will love the result! Once your ingredients are gathered, the next step is making the pie. Of course, it all begins with preheating your oven to 350°F.
How to Make Honey Pecan Pie
Making this pie may seem daunting, but trust me when I say it’s worth it. The key is to take your time and be patient – the result will be a delicious and beautiful dessert that’ll impress anyone who takes a slice. Gather all the ingredients, including plenty of pecans! Once you have everything assembled, you can start working on the crust. After that step, you can mix the filling. Finally, add some chopped pecans to the mixture before pouring it into the crust. Bake until the filling is set – then enjoy!
Gather all the ingredients.
You’ll need a 9-inch pastry shell, eggs, Waxing Kara Buckwheat Honey, brown sugar, butter, vanilla extract, and pecan pieces.
Mix all of the ingredients.
In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add honey, brown sugar, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Blend well and stir in pecans.
Prepare the Pie and Bake
Pour the batter into a prepared pie shell and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and the filling is set. I like to arrange whole candied pecans on the top artfully. However, you can customize it any way you want.
If you like this Honey Pecan Pie recipe made with Eastern Shore Honey, brought to you by my dear friend Joyce Wallace, I am sure you will also enjoy these recipes:
- Emma and Elsie from A Beautiful Mess featured our Eastern Shore Honey in their beautiful Halfway Homemade Buttermilk Pie Recipe.
- Fun fact – bumbleberry is a made-up term to describe the magic that happens when three different berries get together for pie-making. As you may know, this bumbleberry pie is one of my favorites.
- Wondering what the star ingredient of this spectacular Old-Fashioned Apple Pie recipe is? If you guessed, honey, you are right. Honey will caramelize the apples in the baking process. You will find that this characteristic offers a flavor that can’t be achieved any other way.
- Want to satisfy all your pumpkin cravings at any time of the year? Then try our Bourbon + Honey Pumpkin Pie.
Honey Pecan Pie
- 1 9-inch pastry shell prepared unbaked
- 3 eggs
- 1 c Waxing Kara Honey Buckwheat
- 1/2 c light brown sugar packed
- 2 tbsp. butter melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 c pecan pieces or halves
- Preheat oven to 350° and place rack at lowest position.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs.
- Add honey, brown sugar, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
- Blend well and stir in pecans.
- Pour into prepared pie shell.
- Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown and the filling is set.
2 thoughts on “Honey Pecan Pie”
Delicious! I make this for every family holiday gathering!
This is a terrific Pecan Pie Recipe. it’s also easy to make!
Comments are closed.