Honey mustard roasted carrots are bursting with fantastic flavor and texture. It is delicious and easy to make. We used heirloom carrots, but any carrots will do! Although, we do say, “The more colorful the carrots, the better!” They are not just for good health, but the whole presentation. The bright and beautiful colors delight your eyes before the flavors excite your taste buds.
When we have company, I double this honey mustard roasted carrots recipe to ensure we have enough. They go quickly, even with kids, who seem to enjoy them the most.
I experiment with ingredients often, and I encourage you to play with your food. Do you know that there are 25 different types of carrots? I often grab many assorted carrots and other root vegetables for this dish. Parsnips, turnips, and beets will all work nicely in this recipe.
You can’t mess up this recipe if you have your favorite mustard or you want to grind some fresh horseradish into the mix to add a little kick. This preparation includes whole grain mustard and our amazing farm-made Spring Honey.
How to make Honey Mustard Roasted Carrots
- Preheat the oven to 425 and gather all the ingredients you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Scrub carrots and peel.
Scrubbed peeled carrots
- If the carrots have their tops intact, trim tops leaving a “green hat” for show
- Mix marinade and pour on top of carrots. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- For about 12 minutes on one side, turn and roast for an additional 12 minutes. If the carrots are large, this process may take longer; it may take less time if the carrots are small. Keep an eye on them.
Honey mustard roasted carrots maintain their vibrant color even after roasting.
If you decide to try making this recipe, share a snapshot with us using #waxingkararecipes on Instagram. We love seeing your photos!
Colorful Honey Mustard Roasted Carrots
- 20 medium carrots heirloom, tops on
- 8 tbsp. olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp. Waxing Kara Honey
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425
- Scrub the carrots and peel. Trim tops leaving a “green hat” for show
- Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet
- Mix marinade and pour on top of the carrots and be sure to coat well
- Roast for about 12 minutes on one side, turn and roast an additional 12 minutes