Mojitos are a classic summer drink, and this recipe for Honey Mojitos makes the classic cocktail extra special. Hailing from Cuba, mojitos are fresh, sweet, refreshing, and well suited for summery days by the pool or vacations to white sandy beaches. Fresh mint from the garden is an excellent addition to this drink! When picking mint, do so early in the day. The heat of the sun will reduce the essential oils in mint lives and cut down on their flavors and aromas. You can also wash and dry your mint and store it in a covered glass of water in your fridge.
Our recipe for Honey Mojitos is sweet thanks to the Eastern Shore Honey that we used to replace refined sugar. Blackberry Honey is great for drinks and would make the perfect sweetener for this recipe. If you want to serve this drink to friends or family, triple the ingredients to make a pitcher or a few cocktails. We can guarantee you’ll be wanted more than just once!
How to make a honey mojito
Gather all ingredients
Measure each into a cocktail shaker
Add ice and shake
Shake and add garnishes
Fresh fruit is a great add-in to your beverage, especially berries since they’re in season. Just float a few on top, add your garnish, and you’re ready to sit back and sip away.
Adapting our Honey Mojitos
A recipe is not perfect until you’ve added your touch. That’s why we encourage you to play with your food. Call your inner chef to come out and play and change up this recipe. Here are some ideas:
- Use your favorite mint to change the flavor of the drink
- Add a splash of orange juice
- Add other fresh fruits (we think kiwi is excellent in this drink)
- Mix it up with the type of honey! Blueberry or orange blossom will give your mojito a fruity flare.
- 1 1/2 oz light rum or vodka
- 3 tbsp. lemon or lime juice fresh
- 2 tsp. honey simple syrup
- 4 sprigs fresh mint
- club soda chilled
- 10 blueberries
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add the honey simple syrup (equal parts honey and warm water), citrus juice and rum. Shake well.
- In a tall thin glass, crush or muddle mint leaves to coat, add ice cubes and pour drink on top of ice.
- Top off with the club soda.
- Add a lime or lemon slice, blueberries, and remaining mint.