Take advantage of summer’s peach harvest by trying these Honey Grilled Peaches. Caramelized on the grill with our Eastern Shore Honey, the fruit becomes soft, warm, and pairs perfectly with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Brown sugar is normally used for grilled fruits, but we think that honey works so much better. On the heat of the grill, it melts into the fruit and works with the natural sugars in the peaches to caramelize the outside surface. If the grill is hot enough, you’ll even get a little char on the fruits that contrasts beautifully with sweetness.
Buying organic peaches is important for this recipe since you’ll be eating the skins. Peaches are one of the dirty dozen fruits that hold on especially tight to the pesticides that may be used in their production, so you will want to avoid conventionally grown ones when possible.
How to make honey grilled peaches
- Cut peaches in half and remove the pit. Brush the sunflower oil onto the cut sides of the fruit and drizzle with some honey.
- Set grill to medium heat.
- Place peaches cut side down, onto the grill. Cook for just a minute or two and flip.
- After flipping the peaches, drizzle the cut sides with a little more honey and sprinkle with cinnamon. Finish cooking until peaches are tender.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or plain Greek yogurt.
Grilling peaches really intensifies their sweetness and juiciness. For this recipe to work best, pick out some fruits that are almost ripe with just enough give and aroma. If the peaches are too ripe when you grill them, they’ll fall apart in the heat and nobody wants their dessert to go up in flames!
Adapting our Honey Grilled Peaches
You know, a recipe is not truly perfect until you’ve added your own touch to it. That’s why we encourage you to play with your food. Call to your inner chef to come out and play and change up this recipe. Here are some ideas –
- We recommend using mild honey to let the sweetness of the peaches shine through
- Top with toasted almonds or walnuts, or even fresh blueberries
- Grill some plums or nectarines with the peaches
- Sprinkle some dried basil on the peaches instead of cinnamon
- Use your favorite type of ice cream to top off the grilled peaches
If you decide to try this fantastic recipe, be sure to take a photo and share them with us using #waxingkararecipes on Instagram. We love seeing your photos!
Honey Grilled Peaches
- 12 organic peaches almost ripe
- 3/4 c Waxing Kara Honey
- 1/4 c organic sunflower oil
- organic ground cinnamon
Cut peaches in half and remove the pit. Brush the sunflower oil onto the cut sides of the fruit and drizzle with some honey.
Set grill to medium heat. Place peaches, cut side down, onto grill. Cook for just a minute or two and flip.
After flipping the peaches, drizzle the cut sides with a little more honey and sprinkle with cinnamon. Finish cooking until peaches are tender.
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or plain greek yogurt.