Honey Glazed Meatloaf is a dish that seems to be as old as time. That’s why we put our own spin on it! Instead of using just ground beef, we split the mixture in half with ground turkey.
The honey glaze on this meatloaf is spicy-sweet, thanks to the mix of our very own Eastern Shore Honey and chili sauce.
Since you just have to pulse and mix the ingredients together, this won’t take you much time. After the meat loaf is in the oven, sit back and relax until dinner is served. You can even make this recipe in a slow cooker.
During the summer, it would be a great idea to blend your favorite local vegetables into the mix before popping it into the oven. Chopped bell peppers are a great addition any time of the year, as would freshly minced garlic. Be bold and add your favorite seasonings to enhance the flavors of the meat!
Since this goes into the oven, use a dark honey it brings out the flavor in meat. Buckwheat Honey is perfect for this dish. Have fun and try something different!
Adapting our Honey Glazed Meatloaf Recipe
There are always many different ways to make this recipe your own. Switch things up a bit, try a spice you’ve never used before or swap out ingredients with some of your favorite. We try to encourage all of our friends to play with their food.
Make your time in kitchen fun. We know you’ll love this recipe! Here are some ideas on how to change things up:
- Use only turkey instead of the 50/50 mixture
- Make the meat mixture Veal, Pork and Beef for a very classic style meat loaf
- Use a vegan alternative meat blend with this recipe along with some cooked lentils
- Add in a tablespoon of grated fresh horseradish into the mixture to give it a little kick
- Serve with roasted potatoes
- Turn up the heat with green chili peppers in the meat blend
- 1/4 c chili sauce
- 1 small onion cut in chunks
- 1 small zucchini cut in chunks
- 1 carrot cut in chunks
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley or dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. mustard prepared
- 2 tsp. Eastern Shore Honey
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb ground beef lean
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 c panko
- 3/4 c chili sauce
- 3/4 c ketchup
- 1 tbsp. Eastern Shore Honey
Preheat oven to 350
Blend all meatloaf ingredients (excluding the panko, ground turkey and beef) together in a blender until well blended.
In a large bowl, pour blended vegetable mixture on top of the beef and turkey combination. Add Panko. Mix until evenly combined.
Place the meatloaf mixture in a non-stick pan and form into a loaf shape about 4″ wide x 3″ high.
Cover with foil to create a seal.
Bake for 1 hour.
Mix glaze by combining ingredients well with hand-mixer.
Remove foil, pour honey glaze over meatloaf and bake an additional 20 minutes or until meatloaf reaches 165 degrees.
Allow to rest 10 minutes before slicing. Sprinkle with fresh parsley when served.