This Honey and Ginger Tea is simple to brew and makes enough to quench the thirst of you and several friends and requires only a few ingredients. This is a perfect drink to make for a day spent on the beach or a night by the campfire. Isn’t a tall, cold glass of iced tea just so refreshing on a hot summer day? This tea may be served hot or cold!
Here at the Honey House, we think so! Ginger is delicious and good for you. The root can help with digestive issues like nausea and indigestion that often come with overeating and motion sickness. Ginger is very pungent by itself, pairing it with our Eastern Shore Honey softens the flavors and sweetens up the spicy brew.
How to Make Honey and Ginger Tea
- Pour 8 cups of boiling water into a heat-resistant pitcher. Add 8 tea bags honey and ginger.
- Allow to steep 10 minutes.
- Remove and discard the ginger and tea bags and drink, or allow the tea to cool to room temperature.
- If you desire iced tea, refrigerate until ready to use.
- Serve over ice.
- Garnish with fresh ginger slices, lemon slices or mint sprigs.
If you have an herb garden, put your plants to work by including them in this recipe. Add your favorite lemon herbs such as lemon balm or lemon thyme to the tea, or garnish with fresh lemon basil to up the ante! For more ideas on what works well with ginger, visit Produce made Simple.
Adapting our Honey and Ginger Tea
You know, a recipe is not truly perfect until you’ve added your own touch to it. That’s why we encourage you to read the tea leaves and get to the root of the matter. Call to your inner chef to come out and play and change up this recipe. Here are some ideas:
- Freeze summer berries in ice cubes and drop in your serving glasses
- Garnish with fresh lemon slices and a stalk of fresh lemongrass
- Experiment with different tea blends with this recipe and offer your guests an iced tea bar
- We added slices of orange and ginger to the final pitcher of iced tea
If you decide to try these fantastic recipes, be sure to take a photo and share them with us using #waxingkararecipes on Instagram. We love seeing your photos!
Honey and Ginger Iced Tea
- 8 c boiling water
- 8 bags red rooibos tea
- 1/3 c Waxing Kara Honey
- 2 tsp. ginger freshly grated
- Pour 8 cups of boiling water into a heat-resistant pitcher. Add 8 tea bags honey and ginger. Allow to steep 10 minutes.
- Remove and discard the ginger and tea bags and allow the tea to cool to room temperature. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Serve over ice. Garnish with fresh ginger slices, lemon slices or mint sprigs.