In New York, we make a memorable trip to Popbar whenever we’re jonesing for an ice-cold treat. If you’ve never heard of them, check out the Popbar site for genuine inspiration. They offer gelato on a stick, popsicles on a stick, and everything in between. This homemade berry popsicle recipe is my take on the most guilt-free Popbar possible to make when Popbar is out of reach using our very own Eastern Shore Honey.
There is nothing quite as refreshing as a cold popsicle. Rather than indulging in one loaded with processed sugar, why not try one from nature?
These healthy popsicles are a favorite of ours. We use coconut milk and coconut water to make these popsicles vegan, but feel free to use any “milk” you like. You’ll notice that there is plenty of room for interpretation, and having a good time in the kitchen calls for experimentation. It will only take about 20-30 minutes to make this recipe, mainly due to the freezing aspect, and you can keep the homemade berry popsicles in the freezer for a week if you wrap them well.
Homemade berry popsicles may be the only way to beat the heat in summer.
Adapting These Berry Popsicles
Make these homemade berry popsicles your way; at Waxing Kara, we always encourage you to play with your food. Let your inner chef come out and play and mix this recipe up. Here are some ideas:
- Use your favorite fruit combination (try a tropical twist with banana, pineapple, and mango)
- Swap out coconut milk for any other plant-based milk, or use whole milk.
- Lemon or Lime zest would add brightness and an interesting fresh flavor to this recipe.
- A big dollop of peanut butter always makes everything taste better, or grind your favorite nuts for this recipe. I am a big fan of pistachio!
- Try dipping this pop in dark melted chocolate and rolling in chopped nuts.
I hope you enjoy making these homemade berry popsicles as much as we do. They are the perfect summertime treat and a great way to cool down on a hot day. Let me know how yours turn out or if you have any questions about the recipe. And, if you’re looking for an even easier popsicle recipe, check out my 3 ingredient strawberry popsicle recipe. Until next time, happy cooking!
Homemade Berry Popsicles
- 1/2 c strawberries mashed
- 1/2 c blueberries mashed
- 1/2 c raspberries mashed
- 1/4 c coconut milk
- 1/2 c coconut water
- 4 tbsp. Waxing Kara Honey
- 1 1/2 tbsp. lime juice
- Mix everything
- Pour them in popsicle moulds or in little cups