Homemade berry popsicles may be the only way to beat the heat in the midst of summer.
In New York, we make a special trip to Popbar whenever we’re jones-ing for an ice cold treat. If you’ve never heard of them, check out the Popbar site for true inspiration. They offer gelato on a stick, popsicles on a stick and everything in-between. This homemade berry popsicle recipe is my take on the most guilt-free Popbar possible, to make when Popbar is out of reach using our very own Eastern Shore Honey.
There is nothing quite as refreshing as a cold popsicle. Rather than indulging in one that is loaded with processed sugar, why not try one from nature?
These healthy popsicles are a favorite of ours. We use coconut milk and coconut water to make these popsicles vegan, but feel free to use any “milk” you like. You’ll notice that there is plenty of room for interpretation and having a good time in the kitchen calls for experimentation. It will only take about 20-30 minutes to make this recipe, mainly due to the freezing aspect, and you can keep the homemade berry popsicles in the freezer for a week if you wrap them well.
Adapting These Berry Popsicles
Make these homemade berry popsicles your very own way, at Waxing Kara we always encourage you to play with your food. Let your inner chef come out and play and mix this recipe up. Here are some ideas:
- Use your favorite fruit combination (try a tropical twist with pineapple and mango)
- Swap out coconut milk for any other plant-based milk or use whole milk
- Lemon or Lime zest would add some brightness and an interesting fresh flavor to this recipe
- A big dollop of peanut butter always makes everything taste better
- Try dipping this pop in dark melted chocolate and rolling in chopped nuts
If you decide to try this project, be sure to take a photo and share them with us using #waxingkararecipes on Instagram. We love seeing your photos!
Homemade Berry Popsicles
- 1/2 c strawberries mashed
- 1/2 c blueberries mashed
- 1/2 c raspberries mashed
- 1/4 c coconut milk
- 1/2 c coconut water
- 4 tbsp. Waxing Kara Honey
- 1 1/2 tbsp. lime juice
Pour them in popsicle moulds or in little cups