This Honey BBQ sauce recipe is a typical condiment to our summer diet. I ventured out on this journey to create my very own barbecue sauce recipe because most store-bought BBQ sauce contains high fructose corn syrup. The only requirement of this BBQ sauce was that it be free of high fructose corn syrup.
This Homemade BBQ Sauce Recipe is simply outstanding
To celebrate each season, I plan an impromptu Barbecue. For some, it may seem a little crazy to be outside grilling when snow is on the ground. To me, it’s not a problem, I sweep a path and move the grill closer to the house. Try it. You’ll love this recipe. It brings back the idea of warm summer nights and creates an overall cheerful atmosphere. Grilling also breaks up the monotony of typical winter stews and hearty soups.
The secret is in the sauce
What makes this Honey BBQ sauce truly stellar are the ingredients you use in this recipe. A few of these ingredients make this sauce better without having to be scratch-made. I love shortcuts and what I love even more is sharing them with you!
- Waxing Kara Honey
- Prepared mustard
- Worcestershire sauce
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Fresh garlic
- Herbs of Provence
- Black pepper
- Johnny’s Salt (the one with no msg)
- Fresh ginger
- Ground cinnamon
- Artisan ketchup (corn syrup-free)
- Blackstrap molasses
- Coconut sugar
How to make BBQ Sauce
In a medium bowl, whisk together all the above ingredients until well blended. Store in a sealed glass container. This recipe will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a month or two.
How to thicken BBQ sauce
The easy way to thicken sauces is with corn syrup, but that was not an option for us. Instead, we offer honey, an inherently viscous syrup, and Blackstrap molasses will also serve this purpose in this recipe.
Adapting our Honey BBQ Sauce Recipe:
You know, a recipe is not truly perfect until you’ve added your own touch to it. That’s why we encourage you to play with your food. Let your inner chef come out and play and change up this recipe. Have fun! Here are some ideas:
- Add some heat to the BBQ Sauce by mixing in sliced jalapeños, your favorite sriracha sauce or dried crushed red peppers
- Experiment with the honey you use- Clover and Spring would be perfect to start with
- Stuck inside despite good weather? That’s ok, try this sauce on a wonderful Slow Cooker Brisket
- Marinate seasonal vegetables with the sauce, lightly grill, and serve with BBQ Brisket, or load the ingredients on metal skewers and make kebabs, or use this on a whole chicken.
Honey BBQ Brisket
If you make this honey BBQ sauce, take a photo and share them with us using #waxingkararecipes on Instagram. We love seeing your photos!
Honey BBQ Sauce Recipe
- 1 c Waxing Kara Honey
- 1 tbsp. prepared mustard
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 c Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/8 tsp. herbs of provence
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper ground
- 1 tbsp. Johnny’s Salt the one with no msg
- 1/8 tsp. ginger fresh ground
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon ground
- 3 tbsp. artisan ketchup I love Sir Kensington’s
- 1/4 c molasses blackstrap
- 4 tbsp. coconut sugar
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the above ingredients until well blended. Store in a sealed glass container.