It’s so easy to make Honey Banana Bread with just a handful of ingredients. You can make this a healthier version of itself by swapping out the butter with coconut oil…but really, this will always be a special treat! It happens all the time: we start the week with the best of intentions, we go to the grocery store, shop for all of our favorite ingredients with the idea that we’ll be making every meal and Friday rolls around, and there we are with a bunch of over-ripe bananas.
You can experiment with flour as well. I find that when I do this it’s always a combination of flour that does best, and I never fully cut traditional pastry flour out, I always keep some in there, in part because nothing seems to fully replace it. This recipe is on the moist side because we are using honey.
It’s easy to make this banana bread with honey. First, gather the ingredients together.
- Waxing Kara Honey
- unsalted butter
- Ripe bananas
- Greek yogurt
- Ground cinnamon
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Dark chocolate chips
- Chopped pecans
These ingredients come together quickly and easily! Now, first things first. Once your ingredients are gathered, it’s time to move on to making this banana bread. It begins with preheating your oven to 325°F. Grease the loaf pan thoroughly using coconut oil, cooking oil, or butter. Spread it evenly on the bottom and all sides of the pan using your fingers or a folded paper towel.
How to make banana bread with honey
Step One: Combine all Ingredients
The nice thing about making banana bread is that you don’t have to follow a certain order with the ingredients. Simply combine all ingredients and mix well. This alone makes me want to make more fruit bread!
Once the batter is combined, distribute the muffin batter evenly in prepared muffin tins.
Step Two: Pour batter into a bread tin
If you want to decorate the top, try using sliced bananas on top.
Step Three: Bake the bread
Place the bread tin in the oven and bake for 1 hour, checking in on the bread every 20 minutes to make sure it’s not over-browning.
Sweeten up this Honey Banana Bread recipe
Feeling adventurous? Play around with the ingredients in your banana bread there’s lots of room to play with a simple recipe like this! Here are some of our favorite tricks:
- Change up the nuts in the mix (walnuts and pecans work well)
- Drizzle with Cashew Cream Icing when the bread is cool
- You can turn this recipe into banana muffins if you are looking for smaller portions that are easy to freeze.
Important to note: Be careful to not overcook this banana bread. It will easily over-brown and dry out otherwise. Honey caramelizes faster than refined sugar, so when you bake with it, keep an eye on your oven. If your oven is notoriously hot, reduce the temperature, or bake for a little less time if needed.
If you bake up our Honey Banana Bread, share a photo with the hashtag #waxingkararecipes on Instagram. We love seeing your photos!
Honey Banana Bread
- 3/4 c Waxing Kara Honey
- 8 tbsp. unsalted butter 1 stick, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3 tbsp. greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c dark chocolate chips or chopped pecans, optional
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
- Cream the honey and butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a small bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Mix in the yogurt, cinnamon and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined.
- Add chocolate chips and chopped pecans as desired.
- Add dry ingredients including chopped pecans if desired, mixing just until flour disappears.
- Pour batter into greased baking pan and top with banana slices if desired.
- Bake 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Set aside to cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Remove bread from pan, cool completely before slicing.
1 thought on “Honey Banana Bread”
Got aging bananas? Try this recipe. It’s awesome.
Comments are closed.