Whether you’re looking to get that healthy, glowing complexion or pamper yourself with a bit of spa self-care at home, making and applying an avocado and honey face mask is the way forward. Honey has long been known for its natural skin benefits while reducing inflammation and soothing irritation – plus, it smells great! Avocado is packed with fatty acids which help cleanse pores, moisturize deeply and even give your skin a natural boost of antioxidants. With just two simple ingredients, this homemade concoction can take essential skincare to unforeseen levels with glowing results. And who wouldn’t love that?
As healthy for your skin as they are to eat
Avocados are good for the skin; they are packed with fatty acids, lecithin, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and phytosterols that help nourish the skin from the inside out. This makes them an excellent moisturizer for dry skin. Avocado oil can also be used in DIY hair conditioning masks. The fatty acids can help cleanse pores, reduce inflammation, moisturize deeply and even provide natural hydration. Avocado also helps to promote collagen production, which helps to keep wrinkles at bay. Honey has long been known for its natural skin benefits and can be used as an antibacterial agent to soothe irritation. It also contains antiseptic properties, which help fight free radicals that accelerate skin aging. Avocado and Honey is a beautiful combination that can benefit your skin. Please think of this recipe when you have half an avocado lying around and don’t know what to do with it.
How to Make Avocado and Honey Face Mask
Our avocado and honey face mask uses six ingredients commonly found in your refrigerator. It’s simple to whip up this recipe and makes only a small amount, perfect for your face, tops of hands and feet, dry elbows, and knees. This mask also benefits and fortifies hair, but you may want to skip one of the ingredients.
The first thing that you need to do is gather your ingredients. You’ll need ripe avocados, raw honey, lemons or limes, whole milk yogurt, organic aloe vera juice, and lavender essential oil. Split the avocado in two, scoop the flesh into a bowl, and mash into a paste.
Step One: Mash the avocados and preserve them.
The avocados are mashed and mixed with lemon juice. There are two reasons we use lemon juice in this recipe. First, lemon juice is a natural astringent due to the naturally occurring vitamin C and citric acid. Second, lemon juice serves as a short-term preservative in this recipe. Over time and with repeated use, lemon juice will lighten dark spots. Lemons are also antibacterial; their juice may also fight acne breakouts.
Step Two: Add Unflavored Greek Yogurt
You, like me, might be thinking, WOW, add the yogurt, a little salt, and pepper, and viola salad dressing, and you’re right, but right after you add the yogurt, there’s more!
Step Three: Drizzle in some Honey
Another essential addition to this mask is honey! Use dark, antioxidant-rich honey, such as Buckwheat or (surprise) Avocado, to deliver the most nutrients to your skin. While you can use any honey, as long as it’s raw, darker honey has slightly more minerals and antioxidants. Honey is also antibacterial, extremely moisturizing, and leaves behind soft skin.
Step Four: The addition of two more star ingredients, Aloe Vera Juice and Lavender Oil
This mask also contains aloe vera juice and lavender essential oil. Both of these ingredients can easily be purchased in the health market. Aloe vera juice is excellent for irritated skin, especially sunburnt skin. It provides a smooth, refreshed feel. In addition to making the mask smell unforgettable, lavender oil also has anti-inflammatory properties and aids in reducing redness.
Step Five: Apply, rest, and rinse
Apply to clean skin avoiding the area directly around the eyes and mouth. Leave for 10 minutes. Rinse with cool water and pat dry with a towel.
We always encourage you to play with your food, but this is slightly different.
When creating home facial remedies, the best advice is to keep it clean, keep it simple and be sure that whatever you are experimenting with is not something you are sensitive to. Some ideas on ingredients that you may want to try adding include:
- Add a tablespoon or two of oats, either ground colloidal oats or whole old-fashioned oats.
- Cocoa powder always offers a little lift.
- Swap out the yogurt with whole milk or nut milk if you are vegan
- Add some chia seeds. They will add a gelatin texture and a little scrub.
Helpful hints when making Avocado and Honey Face Mask
- Mix just enough of this honey avocado mask to use at one time. You don’t want to store it, as the avocado will spoil.
- Use this mask on your hair. Avocado is excellent for promoting hair growth. Omit the lemon juice if you don’t want to lighten your hair.
Although this mask works great on all types of skin, including oily or combination, it’s especially beneficial for those dealing with acne-prone complexions due to its ability to absorb excess oil without clogging pores or irritating sensitive areas around the eyes and cheeks. Finally, because this face mask only requires two simple ingredients (avocado and honey), it’s inexpensive yet highly effective when it comes to getting glowing results without harsh chemical-based products!
If you try out our honey avocado mask, take a selfie and share it with us using #waxingkararecipes on Instagram. We love seeing your photos!
DIY Honey Avocado Mask
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tsp. Waxing Kara Honey or Body Scrub
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. organic sugar-free plain whole milk yogurt
- 1 tsp. organic aloe vera juice
- 6 drops lavender essential oil
- Split the avocado in two and scoop the flesh out into a bowl, mash into a paste.
- Add the balance of ingredients and mix.
- Apply to clean skin avoiding the area directly around the eyes and mouth. Leave for 10 minutes.
- Rinse with cool water and pat dry with a towel.
Crazy about Avocados? Us too. Try these recipes.
More treatments with avocado that you can do yourself from the comfort of your home.
- This Cuticle Treatment will make your hands (and your feet) just like new.
- These Bee Green Smoothies are delicious, lead to satiety (feeling full), and will improve skin appearance from eating the avocado. It’s so wonderful when your skin can benefit from an ingredient on the inside and the outside.
- Nobody needs to know that this dessert treat contains avocado. After all, isn’t Avocado a fruit? Yes. It’s true. Try this fruit-filled Raw Chocolate Pudding made with avocado fruit.
2 thoughts on “Avocado and Honey Face Mask”
You will love the way that your skin feels after you do this mask!
Good and nice tutorial
Comments are closed.