Homemade Caramel Corn is so easy to make; you’ll wish you thought of this recipe yourself. Created by enthusiastic health advocate Lori LaCombe, this recipe is an excellent alternative healthy snack. Popcorn is rich in antioxidants and hidden health benefits. And when you add honey to the mix, any recipe that involves Eastern Shore Honey has to be great.
Homemade caramel corn is a nostalgic recipe that will take you and your family back in time. A time when you went to the local carnival where they made a big kettle of caramel corn right in front of you and your mouth water as you waited your turn in line for your bag.
How to make Caramel Corn
It’s easier than you think to make caramel corn. All you need are eight ingredients. Here’s the list:
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Coconut Sugar
- Waxing Kara Honey
- Sea Salt
- Baking Soda
- Vanilla extract
- Popped corn
Making Homemade Caramel Corn
STEP 1 POP THE CORN
Keep popcorn warm in the oven at 250F. In a saucepan, heat the olive oil and spread it on the saucepan’s bottom so that the ingredients won’t stick.
STEP 2 MIX CARAMEL
Add all of the ingredients, except the baking soda, vanilla, and popcorn, and bring it to a boil. Remove from heat and add the baking soda and vanilla, stirring well.
STEP 3 COMBINE AND BAKE
Pour caramel sauce over the popcorn and distribute it well. Spread popcorn on a cookie sheet covered with tin foil that’s been coated with olive oil (to avoid sticking) and place in the oven for 45 minutes at 250F. Allow to cool and store in an airtight container for up to a week.
STEP 4 OPTIONAL HONEY ROASTED NUTS
Add some honey roasted nuts, and you’ll recreate a nostalgic treat. Do you remember Cracker Jacks? This treat is perfect for the dead of winter or the middle of summer. Package this recipe in a special box for party favors and enclose a “prize” for your guests.
Candied Honey Roasted Nuts
Adapting this Caramel Corn Recipe
The recipes we share here at Waxing Kara serve as inspiration. That’s the way we see it. Don’t feel like you have to make this Homemade Caramel Corn recipe precisely the way our recipe shows. Get creative. Experiment. Try something different. Here are some ideas in case you need a little boost with adapting this recipe:
- Add a cup of chopped dried berries to the mix to add color and flavor.
- Can you imagine a teaspoon of Old Bay Seasoning added to the mix? That would be so good!
- Sprinkle some dried cinnamon or ginger into the mix
- If you want to spice things up and spice things up, add a little cayenne pepper
- Try using unrefined coconut oil in place of olive oil.
If you decide to try making this recipe, share a snapshot with us using #waxingkararecipes on Instagram. We love seeing your photos!
Homemade Caramel Corn
- 1 tsp. olive oil extra virgin
- 1 c coconut sugar
- 1/2 c butter
- 1/2 c Honey Waxing Kara
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 quarts popped corn organic
- Pop the popcorn and keep warm in oven at 250F
- In a saucepan heat the olive oil and spread on the bottom of the saucepan so that the ingredients won’t stick.
- Add all of the ingredients, except the baking soda, vanilla and popcorn and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add the baking soda and vanilla, stirring well.
- Pour sauce over popcorn and distribute well. Spread popcorn on cookie sheet covered with tin foil that’s been coated with olive oil (to avoid sticking) and place in oven for 45 minutes at 250F.
- Allow to cool, and store in airtight container for up to a week.
Do you love caramel? Try these treats:
This Sea Salted Caramel Candy recipe is so delicious and easy to make.
Salted Caramel Candy Recipe
Fantastic over ice cream, this quick caramel sauce will top off dessert in style.
Easy Honey Caramel Sauce
Apples anyone? Chocolate Sticky Apples aren’t just for autumn.
Chocolate Sticky Apples
Pear-shaped and loving it. Caramelized Pears are one sexy treat.
So easy and yummy!
Any of our Waxing Kara Eastern Shore Honey will work with this recipe.