Got health? Join us at Waxing Kara, while we explore a few ways to incorporate healing honey into your daily routine. How sweet is it knowing that by trying a few of these home remedies you can improve your daily health.
Raw honey possesses many health benefits. Its centuries-old track record of being an antibacterial agent to heal wounds, burns and eye infections is well-documented. And, this is just the beginning:
- MDs, naturopaths and other healthcare practitioners have advocated a daily honey regimen to strengthen the immune system and ward off disease
- Honey is a nutritious complement to supplements and foods, providing vitamins, minerals and phytochemicals derived from plants
- Delay aging and thwart degenerative conditions such as heart disease and cancer with honey which contains bioavailable antioxidants
- Enhance calcium absorption with vitamin D and sugars naturally found in honey
- Count on a natural energy source without sugar spikes from processed sugars in honey, especially for athletes
- Bedtime honey consumption promotes restorative sleep, for example, honey ensures adequate liver-glycogen stores while sleeping for eight hours.
- Honey at bedtime also helps the body release melatonin that aids in achieving deep sleep, boosts in the immune system, and helps to repair and rebuild tissue, according to Dr Axe.
- This, in turn, prevents early-morning release of cortisol and adrenaline, according to Nathaniel Altman in The Honey Prescription.
Healing Honey Remedies
Following are a few ways to incorporate healing honey into your daily routine:
- Add one teaspoon of honey to one cup of warm chamomile, orange blossom, lemon balm or linden flower tea– before bedtime.
- Warm one cup of milk and add one teaspoon of honey and some ground turmeric. Drink before bedtime.
- Feeling a little under-the-weather? Try ginger, honey and lemon Dr. Feelgood Tea just before bed.
- Prepare one-half glass of orange juice diluted with an equal amount of lukewarm water. Add two teaspoons of honey, and drink just before bedtime.
- Steep lavender and peppermint in warm water for 10 minutes, add one teaspoon of honey and drink before bed.
- Combine two ounces of honey with five drops of lavender oil. Add two tablespoons of this mixture to a warm tub of water and enjoy a relaxing soak for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Try this oatmeal bath with your favorite bedtime tea blend.
If you decide to try any of these home remedies, be sure to take a photo and share them with us using #waxingkararecipes on Instagram. We love seeing your photos!
Enjoy wonderful raw artisanal and varietal Eastern Shore Honey from Waxing Kara.
Honey Helps the Body Heal Itself