Are you looking to fight the flu? Basswood Honey is also known as American Basswood. Known for healing attributes in Chinese, European, and folk remedies, Basswood Honey has many applications. It is primarily used for treating colds and fevers, acting as a diaphoretic effective for lowering fever and helping resolve a cold or flu. If you feel a cold or flu setting in, try this flu-beater martini as adapted from the martini book by Sally Ann Berk. Getting the flu is no fun; this martini may make getting over the flu painless.
How to Make Flu Beater Martini
- Chill your favorite martini glass in the freezer or ice bin
- Gather herbs and line the bottom of a cocktail shaker with them
- Measure ingredients and make BeauTea, which contains turmeric tea to make simple syrup
- Make the syrup with just 1 part honey to 1 part warm BeauTea, made with turmeric tea
- Add the syrup and muddle the lavender buds, mint, rosemary, and eucalyptus, and lemon
- Add ice and shake together. Serve with a lemon wedge or lemon and herb garnish to your preference
*Buckwheat Honey is our best alternative suggestion if Basswood is out of stock.
Fight Flu with this Martini
Combine vodkas and honey simple syrup in a cocktail shaker with cracked ice and shake well. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass and garnish with a lemon twist. Drink and go straight to bed.
When fighting the flu, it’s always best to drink plenty of water, followed by lots of rest; never forget to breathe in the steam and take it easy until you feel better. If you are looking for other ways to fight the flu, try reading this: Coping with flu.
What concoction do you make to fight the flu? Suppose you decide to make this flu beater martini, any variation we’ve suggested, or your take. Why not share a photo with us using #waxingkararecipes on Instagram? We love seeing your photos!
- 4 parts citron vodka
- 2 parts simple herbal tea honey syrup (made with 2 parts honey 2 part warm turmeric tea)
- 1 bunch lavender, rosemary, mint, eucalyptus muddled herbal tincture
- 1 slice lemon fresh
- Create honey syrup with turmeric tea and honey and set aside
- Place herbs in the bottom of a cocktail shaker and muddle to release aroma and natural oils.
- Pour vodka and honey turmeric tea syrup into the cocktail shaker and stir.
- Add cracked ice and shake well.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass and garnish with a lemon wedge