With the weather cooling down and the nights getting longer, you may be in need of a little comfort food. Your traditional cheeseburger might be your dirty little food secret, but by switching over to a turkey burger, you can satisfy your craving without all of the guilt! Our Feta Turkey Burger is pan-seared and crispy (thanks to a light brushing with a little olive oil), and so juicy from the blend of honey, feta cheese, and olive oil that are mixed into the burger.
Create a Delicious Autumn Meal with our Turkey Burger with Fresh Herbs and Honey
Dark honey, like Bamboo and Autumn, lend a rich and deep flavor to meats and bread, making them perfect for cooking and baking. The honey helps to create the beautiful pan-sear that adds to the overall color presentation. Our Blueberry Ketchup is a perfect spread to top your burger with-it’s sweet but tangy and perfectly compliments the burger.
Consider a spinach fruit salad as a companion to this simple and delicious meal. We made sweet potato fries to round off the meal, and they were a really delicious choice. Sweet potatoes have the warmth and sweetness that you crave in autumn, and they’re so dip-able in the Blueberry Ketchup.
Adapting this Burger Recipe
Any recipe does not reach true perfection until you’ve added your own touch to it. At Waxing Kara Honey House we encourage you to play with your food. Change up this recipe. Here are some ideas:
- Use your favorite cheese in place of feta, try goat milk cheese
- Add in a little heat with diced jalapeno peppers
- Toast the hamburger buns before you build your sandwich
- Skip the bread and serve on a kale salad
- Serve with a baked sweet potato for a hearty side dish
If you decide to make our feta turkey burger, be sure to take a photo and share them with us using #waxingkararecipes on Instagram. We love seeing your photos and how you are adapting our recipes!
Feta Turkey Burger with Honey
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 white onion chopped
- 1/2 c feta cheese
- 1 tbsp. breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp. parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp. olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tbsp. Waxing Kara Honey Waxing Kara
- 1/2 tbsp. garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, breadcrumbs, chopped parsley, onion, and garlic together with a dash of salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, mix together feta cheese, one tablespoon of olive oil, and honey. Blend into turkey mixture.
- Form into four burgers. Place on a baking sheet and cook for at least 10 minutes, or until the middle of the burgers are no longer pink.
- When the burgers are done in the oven, remove them from the pan and brush each side with a little olive oil. Sear them in a medium-hot pan, so that you get a nice sear.
- Build your burgers with your favorite toppings, breads, and spreads!