This Eastern Shore Honey Vodka Cocktail is also known as The Stinger. Start with your favorite vodka and add a little Eastern Shore Honey. Honey adds both an all natural sweetness and an interesting depth of flavor to your vodka cocktails. Since each honey tastes a little different based on what the bees pollinate, use your favorite! We suggest using Blackberry honey because it adds a fruity sweetness. Or if you are not a sweet drinks person, use holly honey which is more mild in flavor and sweetness. On the Eastern Shore, we always try to make happy hour even more cheerful and experiment with difference flavors.
Adapting this Eastern Shore Vodka Cocktail
Recipes are meant to be inspiration. That’s the way we see it. Don’t feel like you have to make this Honey Vodka Cocktail exactly the way our recipe shows. Drinks are the perfect thing to experiment with based on your tastes. Try something different, or change it up based on the season. Here are some ideas in case you need a little boost with adapting this recipe:
- Add some blueberries, or a combination of your favorite berries, and muddle them into the mix to add color and flavor
- Use a fruity flavored vodka, if you don’t like plain, that pairs well with mint
- Can you imagine making a tea with dried lavender and adding it into the mixer? That would be so good!
- Why not add a few slices of fresh sliced ginger to the mix?
If you make this vodka cocktail or try your own variation of it, be sure to take a photo and share them with us using #waxingkararecipes on Instagram. We love seeing your photos!
Eastern Shore Vodka Cocktail Recipe
- 1 1/4 c vodka chilled
- 1 c fresh lemon juice chilled
- 1/2 c Waxing Kara Honey thinned 2 tablespoons warm water
- 6 sprigs fresh mint
- club soda
Combine vodka, lemon juice, and eastern shore honey in medium pitcher, stir to combine
Cover and chill
Serve with lime or lemon wedge and fresh mint sprig