This Earl Grey Tea Cocktail is a refreshing alcoholic drink that can be made with your favorite spirit. In this recipe, we are using vodka but could easily replace it with gin or an exotic clear spirit. Our Raven Tea features Organic lavender blossoms and Earl Grey tea – paired with citrus and sparkling wine, this will be a party favorite!
Using tea in a cocktail might seem like a unique choice, but it creates a delicious base for the drink. Brightly floral and rich in tannins, it plays well with the bitters and honey that form the rest of the cocktail. Pair this with brunch or a cheese board at a get-together, and always enjoy it with friends!
The secret sauce is in the sauce
There really isn’t a secret sauce here except that we use honey syrup. Honey Syrup is easy to make, all you have to do is mix equal parts of honey and warm water until combined and mixed well. Honey imparts a wonderful floral sweetness that pairs perfectly with tea. I always say that honey and tea go together like peas and carrots.
How to make an earl grey tea cocktail
Add Raven tea leaves, lemon peel, lemon juice, and your favorite spirit to a large glass.
Let stand and allow to steep at room temperature for 20 minutes.
Strain into a highball glass, we used a wire mesh tea strainer; discard solids. Add honey simple syrup and a dash of bitters. Add sparkling wine.
Garnish and serve.
Do you like making cocktails with tea?
Earl Grey Cocktail
- 1 ounce Vodka Or your favorite spirit
- 2 tbsp Raven Tea from Waxing Kara
- 1/4 c lemon juice 1 lemon, peeled and juiced
- 1/4 c honey syrup Combine honey and warm water until melted
- 1/4 c spring water warm
- 1 dash bitters
- 1 splash Sparkling wine
- Add Raven tea leaves lemon peels, lemon juice and spirit to a large glass, let stand, uncovered, at room temperature 20 minutes. Strain into cocktail glass, we used a wire-mesh tea strainer; discard solids. Add honey simple syrup and a dash of bitters. Add sparkling wine.