Karen Miller, of of my friends, created this recipe. Karen is a massage therapist and sees lots of dehydrated bodies all day. She whips up this simple DIY Honey Body Scrub for her clients to help with dry skin and exfoliation because removing the oldest cells on the outer layer of the skin is good for health.
Honey Body Scrub is as Simple as it is Sweet
This honey body scrub makes skin look and feel better because of the honey in the mixture. Honey is a humectant, which means that it pulls water into itself, making it a great moisturizer. Honey is also antiseptic thanks to its chemical makeup: this means it can cleanse the skin as well. The natural healing properties of raw honey on the body is gentle, and the antioxidants and minerals will make your complexion happy.
Karen shared this simple home remedy that’s easy and quick to make. Store it in airtight container, and do your best to avoid getting water or dirty hands into the mixture. When you introduce water into a product without a preservative you run the risk of introducing bacteria. Use a spoon to scoop this scrub into your hand. This scrub stays fresh for three months.
Store your scrub in a PET plastic container for safety. This type of plastic will not break if dropped, so it can safely hold any essential oils you add to the scrub. Plastic is recyclable, so don’t just throw out the containers when they’re empty.
There are all sorts of salt and sugar scrubs on the market that can cost up to $75. If you are looking to save money, make your own DIY body scrub with honey and lots of skin-loving oils. This home-spa remedy also only takes 15 minutes to make!
Adapting this DIY Honey Body Scrub
Don’t feel like you have to make this Honey Body Scrub Recipe exactly the way we say. With lots of wiggle room to play, you can add in anything you like. Get creative and experiment. Try something different. Here are some ideas in case you need a little boost with adapting this recipe:
- Replace the sugar with fine Himalayan pink salt for a finer exfoliant.
- Sore muscles? Replace the sugar with epsom salt to soothe sore muscles.
- Add dried lavender buds to the mixture.
- For added texture and increased scrub, add fine poppy seeds.
If you decide to try this project, be sure to take a photo and share them with us using #waxingkararecipes on Instagram. We love seeing your photos!
DIY Honey Body Scrub
- 3/4 c organic granulated sugar
- 1/2 c Waxing Kara Honey
- 1 tbsp. organic olive oil
- 1 tbsp. organic jojoba oil
- 4 drops lavender essential oil or your favorite essential oil
- 1 vitamin E gel cap
Combine all ingredients. Pierce vitamin E capsule and empty contents into scrub.
Blend all ingredients thoroughly.
Apply to the body and massage thoroughly.
Rinse and follow with body lotion.
Not into DIY Projects?
If you’d rather grab up something ready to go, check out Waxing Kara’s Original Honey Body Scrub, it’s pure crystallized honey and it’s heaven on your skin and all natural-made by mother nature. It’s safe to use on your face also!
All of our scrubs are made with plant-based, mostly organic, and cruelty free ingredients that you will feel good about. Safe for use from the top of your neck to the tips of your toes. We’ve even formulated a face scrub, too!
Great Body Scrubs from Waxing Kara
- Peace of Mind Honey Body Scrub is perfect for soothing the body and mind, with a pure lavender scent from essential oils.
- Strength Honey Body Scrub awakens and restores the body with the powerful aroma of clove, cinnamon, and eucalyptus oils.
- Chesterhaven Salt Scrub is delicate enough for the face, thanks to its formulation of pink salts and plant oils.
- Sea+Tea Scrub is packed with antioxidants from green tea and kelp extracts. It’s perfect for rejuvenating the skin.