We developed this at-home facial in celebration of national oat month. Our Bee Well DIY Face Mask combines some of our favorite ingredients, including oats, oils, and pink clay. This treatment is perfect for the wintertime when dry air can throw your skin into a tizzy. I personally notice when the weather shifts in any direction, just like that, my skin changes.
When stress is high, the skin is the first thing to lose luster. If you are working too hard, stressed, tired, or any combination of the above, we have great news: this easy at-home facial will make you feel better. Use this treatment when you and your skin are in need of love, relaxation, and rejuvenation. The combination of gentle ingredients in this easy face mask lightly exfoliates the skin while absorbing pollutants and dead skin cells. This leaves you with a brighter, clearer complexion and allows your skin to absorb moisturizer much easier.
How to Make DIY Face Mask
- Gather all the ingredients necessary to make this mask
- Combine rose clay, oatmeal, honey, and oils
- Add enough warm water to make a soft paste
- Massage into skin, allow drying for at least 5 minutes.
- Add Cucumber slices on eyes while sitting to help to reduce puffiness.
- Rinse well.
As a bonus to contribute to relaxation, add a few spoonfuls of our Sea+Tea Soak to the tub, and relax while this mask works its magic.
Make this Mask your Own
Like any of our recipes, this one is easy to change up and customize to fit your skin type and relaxation needs. Swap out the essential oils or add in your favorite botanicals: really, the options are endless! Here are some ideas to mix it up:
- Use a drop each of sweet orange and geranium bourbon oils for a clean, refreshing mask.
- Add in a teaspoon of rosehip powder.
- Use a 50/50 mix of white clay and green tea powder instead of pink clay.
Enjoy, and Bee Well.
Bee Well DIY Face Mask
- 1 tbsp. rose clay
- 1 tbsp. fine ground oats
- 1 tbsp. Waxing Kara Honey
- 1 tsp. avocado or jojoba oil
- 1 drop frankincense essential oil
- 1 drop lavender essential oil
- 1 drop clary sage essential oil
- warm water
Combine rose clay, oatmeal, honey and oils
Add enough warm water to make a soft paste
Massage into skin, allow to dry for at least 5 minutes. (Cucumber slices on eyes will help to reduce puffiness.)
If you decide to make this face mask, take a selfie share it with us using #waxingkararecipes on Instagram. We love seeing your photos!