It’s a new year, and you know what that means? Resolutions. Most new year’s resolutions focus on some aspect of health, either improved physical, mental, or even spiritual health. We love health-focused goals and we’re here to help. That’s why today we’re sharing this Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding Recipe with Raspberry.
If you’ve never used chia before, you might be a little leery. Don’t be! The fine seeds add body and texture to dressings and breakfast bowls and are packed with minerals and fiber. Chia seeds swell up when mixed with water, which keeps you feeling full through the morning.
Are you a little surprised to see a chocolate recipe when we’re discussing health?
Are you under the impression that to be healthy you have to do away with all sweets? The thing is, those kinds of resolutions are usually short-lived. You want to create life-long habits that you can sustain over the long haul. That’s why we’re big believers in having some sweets in your life, especially when they’re as healthy as this Chocolate Raspberry Chia Pudding!
Chia seeds contain a lot of minerals and protein, and quite a bit of fiber.
Thanks to the external covering on the seeds, which swells in water, they also add a pudding consistency to this recipe. In this recipe, we’ve combined coconut milk and cocoa for richness. And we tossed in a few raspberries… because they’re the perfect companion for chocolate!
We poured the pudding into individual serving dishes and covered with plastic wrap before we placed it in the fridge. However, you could also put the pudding in a lidded bowl and pour it into individual dishes immediately before serving.
How to make Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
Gather all the ingredients that you’ll need to make this recipe. You will need cocoa powder, chia seeds, protein powder, fresh berries, plant-based milk, honey, and cocoa nibs.
Step 1: Combine the cocoa powder, chia seeds, and protein powder in a bowl. Stir to combine.
Step 2: Place the raspberries in a separate bowl and use a fork to mash them. Add the plant-based milk and honey. Stir well and combine.
Add Step one and Step 2. Stir to combine. Pour the pudding into individual serving dishes. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour, up to overnight.
Before serving, top with chocolate chips and additional berries.
Adapting this Pudding Recipe
We understand that sometimes ingredients are hard to come by. Raspberries in January not up to par? Well, there are some ideas that you can do to make this recipe work for you and to go one step further, and make it your own! Here are some ideas to get the ball rolling:
- Use frozen raspberries instead of fresh
- Replace the raspberries with another berry of choice, such as strawberries
- Why not try bananas in place of the raspberries?
- Add a touch of cinnamon or nutmeg to the mix
- If you don’t have protein powder, just add more cocoa powder for an even more rich, chocolate taste
- Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream for flair and flavor
If you decide to try these fantastic recipes, be sure to take a photo and share them with us using #waxingkararecipes on Instagram. We love seeing your photos!
Chocolate Chia Pudding
- 1/4 c cocoa powder
- 1/4 c chia seeds
- 1/4 c chocolate protein powder
- 1/4 c fresh raspberries plus additional for topping
- 2 c plant-based milk
- 1/4 c Waxing Kara Honey
- 1 tbsp. cacao nibs or chocolate chips
- Combine the cocoa powder, chia seeds, and protein powder in a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Place the raspberries in a separate bowl and use a fork to mash them. Add the plant-based milk and honey. Stir to combine. Pour this into the chia mixture. Stir to combine.
- Pour the pudding into individual serving dishes. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour, up to overnight.*
- Before serving, top with chocolate chips and additional raspberries.
Marly McMillen, MBA, is a COO-turned entrepreneur and earned a plant-based pro certification from Rouxbe Cooking School. She publishes about recipes, health, creativity, living authentically, and the business of blogging at Namely Marly and Chopped Academy.
Other recipes with chia seeds from Waxing Kara:
Quick and Healthy Chia Seed Pudding Recipe is every bit as delicious as this recipe, but without the chocolate.
Chia Seed Pudding Recipe
Eastern Shore Honey Overnight Oats with Chia Seeds
Chia Seed Overnight Oats
Berry Nutty Overnight Oats with Chia Seeds