This Asian Noodle Salad Recipe was created by my friend Karlen Poma from Monterrey, California. Karlen works as a private chef, and her dishes are always as beautiful as they are creative. I traded some Eastern Shore Honey for this amazing Asian Noodle Salad recipe. It was a sweet deal.
Adapting our Asian Noodle Salad Recipe made with Honey
Modify this dish in any number of ways to suit your taste. Change up the protein if chicken isn’t your thing. This recipe would be delicious with grilled rockfish for example, or, consider serving this as a side dish to another asian inspired main course.
We always encourage you to play with your food! Here are some ideas on how to modify this Asian Noodle Salad recipe:
- Julienne some carrots, scallions, red pepper, green pepper, snow peas, bean sprouts or any of your favorite veggies in season, simply stir fry in a little of the extra oil mixture and toss them in!
- Add salted peanuts or cashews into the mix
- Swap out for your favorite protein, instead of chicken, try using seared blackened rare tuna, salmon or try these noodles with grilled shrimp.
- Sprinkle fresh chopped green onion or sesame seeds on top
This is delicious with all the extras or by itself.
As a side note: In this recipe, Karlen used soba noodles, there are many options of noodles for asian inspired dishes. Asian noodles vary in ingredients, size and length and shape based on region of production. Decide which noodle you like best, choose from buckwheat soba noodles, ramen noodles or udon noodles.
If you decide to try this recipe, be sure to take a photo and share them with us using #waxingkararecipes on Instagram. We love seeing your photos!
Asian Noodle Salad with Honey
- 1 box pasta whole wheat angel hair
- 2 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1/4 c Waxing Kara Honey
- 2 tbsp. mint minced fresh
- 3 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1/4 c white wine vinegar
- 1 dash pepper fresh cracked
- 1 dash sea salt
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 c olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1/4 c toasted sesame seeds
- 4 chicken thighs
Cook pasta al dente, rinse/drain with cold water set aside in a big bowl.
Mix mustard, honey, mint, vinegar(s), salt and pepper, soy sauce.
Add olive oil slowly while whisking, add sesame oil
Pour 1/2 over noodles and toss with your hands.
Top with sesame seeds.
Marinate chicken thighs with the balance of the marinade and grill.
Serve grilled chicken on top of noodle salad.
Do you have recipes with honey to share with us? We would love to share your favorite recipes with honey with our friends here at the Honey House. We are always happy to exchange a jar of honey for recipes that do well in our test kitchen. Please share this opportunity with your friends and family!