My friend Karlen Poma lives in Monterrey California and works as a private chef. Her dishes are always as beautiful as they are creative. I traded some Eastern Shore Honey for this amazing Asian Noodle Salad recipe. It was a sweet deal.
Adapting our Asian Noodle Salad with Honey Recipe
Modify this dish in any number of ways to suit your taste. Change up the protein if chicken isn’t your thing. Or, consider serving this as a side dish to another asian inspired main course. We always encourage you to play with your food! Here are some ideas on how to switch this Asian Noodle Salad recipe:
- Julienne some carrots, scallions, red pepper, green pepper, snow peas, bean sprouts or any of your favorite veggies in season. Just stir fry in a little of the extra oil mixture and toss them in!
- Use your favorite protein, try adding seared blackened rare tuna, salmon or try these noodles with grilled shrimp.
This is delicious with all the extras or by itself. We think it’s best served at room temperature.
If you decide to try this recipe, be sure to take a photo and share them with us using #waxingkararecipes on Instagram. We love seeing your photos!
Asian Noodle Salad with Honey
- 1 box pasta whole wheat angel hair
- 2 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1/4 c Waxing Kara Honey
- 2 tbsp. mint minced fresh
- 3 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1/4 c white wine vinegar
- 1 dash pepper fresh cracked
- 1 dash sea salt
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 c olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1/4 c toasted sesame seeds
- 4 chicken thighs
Cook pasta al dente, rinse/drain with cold water set aside in a big bowl.
Mix mustard, honey, mint, vinegar(s), salt and pepper, soy sauce.
Add olive oil slowly while whisking, add sesame oil
Pour 1/2 over noodles and toss with your hands.
Top with sesame seeds.
Marinate chicken thighs with the balance of the marinade and grill.
Serve grilled chicken on top of noodle salad.